Antifreeze used to poison 18 dogs

Associated Press Published:

GRATIOT -- Authorities say an Ohio man's 18 dogs were poisoned with antifreeze, and that one of them has died.

Don Butts, 73, said he has no idea who would have poisoned his Labrador retrievers in their outdoor kennels in Gratiot, about an hour east of Columbus.

WSYX-TV reports that Butts called the Licking County Sheriff's Office about the poisoning after one of the dogs began showing symptoms Friday.

That dog, named Storm, died. Three of the others are in bad shape.

Butts' granddaughter, Sara Wilcox, said she can't understand why someone decided to intentionally hurt the dogs.

and "make them suffer."

The dogs are being treated at Mastersons Veterinary Clinic in Somerset.

Butts is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

Want to leave your comments?

Sign in or Register to comment.