Wheelchair-bound woman rescued from Ohio fire

Published:

MENTOR, Ohio (AP) -- Good Samaritans stopped at a house fire in northeast Ohio in time to carry a wheelchair-bound woman to safety.

It happened Tuesday afternoon in Mentor, east of Cleveland.

David Roach tells The (Willoughby) News-Herald (http://bit.ly/1hbGwix ) that he another employee of the county engineer's office were driving by when they saw smoke and flames coming out of the home.

Roach used his two-way radio to alert authorities, as a person across the street yelled that somebody was still in the burning house.

Roach forced the door open and within minutes he and others were hoisting a wheelchair-bound resident out of the house. Roach said the woman and another resident were apparently in shock and not making their way out.

Nobody was hurt. The fire apparently started in the attic.

___

Information from: The News-Herald, http://www.news-herald.com/jrc-html/index/index_p33.html

Want to leave your comments?

Sign in or Register to comment.