Heading Logo


Rotten food prompts gas leak scare

Published: July 25, 2014 4:00 AM

BERLIN -- Emergency officials called to check out a suspected gas leak in Germany found a culprit they didn't expect: a fridge full of rotting food.

Police in the city of Braunschweig said that the fire service evacuated an apartment block after being alerted to the smell of gas by a resident.

They then searched for the source and traced it to a fridge in the apartment of the 35-year-old woman who had alerted authorities. It wasn't plugged in and was full of rotting food.

Residents were allowed back into their apartments after half an hour.


Rate this article

Do you want to leave a comment?   Please Log In or Register to comment.