ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. -- The bankruptcy auction of Atlantic City's Revel Casino Hotel that was scheduled for Thursday has been postponed until next week.
Lawyers for the casino said in a court filing Wednesday night that they received multiple bids for the casino by the Monday deadline and need additional time to review them.
The auction was rescheduled for Aug. 14 at 9 a.m.
Atlantic City Mayor Don Guardian said last month that there were six potential buyers for the casino, but none of the potential bids have been outlined.
Revel is the city's newest casino and cost $2.4 billion to build. It opened in April 2012 but has declared bankruptcy twice. The casino has said it will close if a buyer isn't found.