No injuries Saturday morning in house fire on Linden Street in Ravenna

Published:

A space heater apparently caused a house fireearly Saturday morning at 168 Linden St. in Ravenna.

According to Ravenna Fire Chief Geoffrey Cleveland, firefighters were on the scene at about 4 a.m. after a fire they believe was started by a space heater forced at least seven adults and several children to flee the house.

"One of the residents was up playing video games, and got them all out," he said.

Firefighters from the Charlestown, Kent, Mantua-Shalersville, Ravenna Township and Rootstown fire departments joined Ravenna firefighters at the scene, Cleveland said.

Cleveland said he didn't know offhand what the financial loss was, but he estimated that it was "fairly significant."

Want to leave your comments?

Sign in or Register to comment.