Heading Logo

Teen killed, 5 others hurt in car-train crash in Ravenna

Published: October 6, 2013 7:20 PM
  • 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos

A 15-year-old girl was killed and five other injured when a car and train collided Sunday afternoon along South Prospect Street in Ravenna Township.

According to Sheriff David Doak, the teen killed was driving, and her father and four sisters were passengers in the white SUV. The sisters were taken to Akron Children's Hospital, while the father went to Robinson Memorial Hospital in Ravenna.

See Monday's Record-Courier for more on this story.

Rate this article

Do you want to leave a comment?   Please Log In or Register to comment.

Lilblue Oct 8, 2013 2:21 PM

My prayers are with you and your family..

know that your little girl is in gods hands now

Colie Oct 7, 2013 10:36 PM

Sierra was a beuitful yound lady she is my cousin which is even more sad but heaven gained a great angel Sierra is gone but never ever forgotten I miss you so much RIP Sierra I love you so much!!!!!

meddiver112 Oct 6, 2013 11:43 PM

@dowhat:

going S on Prospect about where the construction starts there is a drive to the right that crosses the tracks.  It leads to several houses including the castle house.  That is the cossing involved..it is just North of the overpass

shorty4 Oct 6, 2013 10:42 PM

So very sad. My heart goes out to everyone involved.

busymom Oct 6, 2013 10:24 PM

the kids are saying that the little girls dad passed away does anyone know if this is true?

Crestwood387 Oct 6, 2013 10:23 PM

This is South Prospect. Their is a Private Driveway off of Prospect that crosses the railroad tracks. That is where the accident was at

Timmy2 Oct 6, 2013 10:22 PM

If ur heading towards summit on prospect on ur right side there is like a side dirt road that crosses the same tracks u go under to turn onto summit

dowhatsright Oct 6, 2013 9:31 PM

South Prospect St??  Doesn't the bridge go over the RR tracks on South Prospect and then you go under the tracks. Isn't that closed for cornstruction?  Do you mean South Chestnut of South Diamond?

prettywoman Oct 6, 2013 8:59 PM

My family is heartsick for this family my son has a class with one sister our deep sympathy and prayers God be with you all