The 16th annual Portage Environmental Conservation Awards Dinner will take place April 5, honoring the 2014 Portage County Environmental Conservation Award winners.
This year's winners include:
- Environmental Stewardship: Rick Strebler;
- Environmental Education: Crestwood Outdoor Education Committee;
- Environmental Activism: Friends of the Crooked River;
- Green Business: Lucky Penny Creamery;
- Honor Roll for Land Conservation: Fred and Carol Maier, Randolph.
The dinner will be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. April 5 at the Kent American Legion, 1945 Mogadore Road.The event will include a reception with music, hors d'oeuvres featuring local foods, a buffet dinner and more.
Fundraising proceeds will benefit the Portage Park District Foundation, whose mission is to support the work of conserving Portage County's natural and cultural heritage.
Call the Park District at 330-297-7728 for more information or visit www.portageparkdistrict.org to register online.
For additional information, contact: Chris Craycroft, Portage Park District Foundation, 330-297-7728 or by email: email@example.com.