Heading Logo


UPDATE: No one hurt in S.R. 14 barn fire

By DAVE O'BRIEN Staff Writer Published: June 6, 2017 10:56 AM
  • 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos

Embers from an open burn lit the roof of a garage on fire Tuesday on S.R. 14 in Edinburg, fire officials said.

No one was injured after a resident burning materials in his yard at 4536 S.R. 14 accidentally lit the roof’s shingles on fire, Assistant Edinburg Fire Chief Rob Swauger said.

Most of the structure was saved. The garage had  a vacant apartment above, which had been unoccupied for some time, Swauger said.

Also responding were the Charlestown, Randolph and Rootstown fire departments, along with deputies from the Portage County Sheriff's Office.

 

EARLIER STORY:

Fire crews are responding to a reported barn fire on S.R. 14 in Edinburg.

The building, at 4536 S.R. 14, reportedly is unoccupied. It sits back off the road, just south of Stahl's Farm Market.

At least three fire departments are on scene with more en route.

Record-Courier news staff also are headed to the scene.


Rate this article

Do you want to leave a comment?   Please Log In or Register to comment.