- 1 of 3 Photos | View More Photos
Embers from an open burn lit the roof of a garage on fire Tuesday on S.R. 14 in Edinburg, fire officials said.
No one was injured after a resident burning materials in his yard at 4536 S.R. 14 accidentally lit the roof's shingles on fire, Assistant Edinburg Fire Chief Rob Swauger said.
Most of the structure was saved. The garage had a vacant apartment above, which had been unoccupied for some time, Swauger said.
Also responding were the Charlestown, Randolph and Rootstown fire departments, along with deputies from the Portage County Sheriff's Office.