Heading Logo

Questions city pay raises in Kent

Published: March 12, 2014 4:00 AM

According to issues 2011 to 2014 of the very informative and sometimes shocking Kent/Brimfield Community Guide, published by the Record-Courier, Kent City Council has awarded our glorious leader raises amounting to $11,617 in three years.

Since City Council has our best interests at heart and are as wise as a bunch of hoot owls, I dare not criticize. However, I am curious: How many hardworking citizens of Kent have earned similar raises?

Paul Craven, Kent

Rate this article

Do you want to leave a comment?   Please Log In or Register to comment.

writesomething Mar 12, 2014 8:50 AM

Paul, things are the same way in Ravenna except City Council's attempt to freeze 3% step raises a few years ago was vetoed by the Mayor. In the name of loyalty or keeping good help, new administrators have seen step increases totaling  9%-12% over the last 4 years. How out of touch with the hardships facing Ravenna residents is that? The answer is very. I get the feeling these people would have stayed on board if their steps were frozen. It's ironic that none of them even live in the City of Ravenna. How's that for loyalty?