Heading Logo

ASK THE PLUMBER by Ed Del Grande

Beverage faucet may fit the bill

Published: January 26, 2013 4:00 AM
  • 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos

Scripps Howard News Service

Q: I plan on remodeling my kitchen. One feature planned is a small prep sink for my small kitchen island.

I only need cold water to this sink and because of the tight area a large faucet will not fit.

Any ideas on a faucet I can use? All I have seen are standard kitchen faucets. Thanks!

-- Tracy, Rhode Island

[Article continues below]

A: I know just the faucet that may work for you. In fact, I have one in my own kitchen.

It's called a beverage faucet and it can add convenience, style and a special feature to your prep sink.

First, it only uses a cold-water line, so it's a little easier to rough in and install. Second, it is smaller than a standard kitchen faucet.

Finally, most models have a filter-option feature, so you can have a dedicated drinking faucet in your kitchen.

Note: This is not a "tap"-type water dispenser. A beverage faucet looks and works like a mini-gooseneck faucet and it can even match your larger kitchen-faucet style.

All in all, I'll call that a "small" faucet with a "big" payback for your new kitchen!

Master plumber Ed Del Grande is the author of "Ed Del Grande's House Call" the host of TV and Internet shows, and a LEED green associate. Visit eddelgrande.com or email eadelg@cs.com. Always consult local contractors and codes.

Rate this article

Do you want to leave a comment?   Please Log In or Register to comment.