INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indianapolis Colts next free agent target is receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey.
Indy, which has already signed eight players from other teams, has invited Heyward-Bey for a two-day visit that was supposed to begin Monday. The information was first posted on the team's website.
Oakland took Heyward-Bey with the seventh overall pick in the draft in 2009 but never lived up to the hype. In four seasons, he has 140 career receptions for 2,071 yards and 11 touchdown catches.
He was released by the Raiders earlier this month.
The Colts see Heyward-Bey as a possible replacement for Donnie Avery, who was Indy's second-leading receiver last season. He signed with Kansas City in free agency.
Fitzpatrick ready to start anew with Titans
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Ryan Fitzpatrick says he saw the writing on the wall in Buffalo and is embracing his new role with the Titans.
The quarterback said Monday he knew it was likely his days as the Bills' starter was over when head coach Chan Gailey was fired after last season.
So when Buffalo released him at the start of free agency, Fitzpatrick took advantage of the NFL owners meetings near his Phoenix-area home last week to meet with prospective suitors.
Fitzpatrick met with Titans coach Mike Munchak and general manager Ruston Webster who needed a backup quarterback after being unable to renegotiate Matt Hasselbeck's contract.
Bears, OT Scott agree to one-year deal
LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears and offensive tackle Jonathan Scott have agreed to a one-year contract.
The 6-foot-6, 318-pound Scott signed with the Bears last September and appeared in 12 games while making seven starts -- six at right tackle. He has started 35-of-70 games played for Detroit (2006-07), Buffalo (2009), Pittsburgh (2010-11) and Chicago (2012) after being drafted in the fifth round by the Lions in 2006. He was let go by Pittsburgh last July and picked up by Detroit, but he got released off injured reserve after suffering a knee injury.
Giants sign G Kevin Boothe; line returns for 2013
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Giants' offensive line seemingly is returning intact for 2013.
The Giants on Monday announced that left guard Kevin Boothe has re-signed after spending time on the free agent market. Contract terms were not immediately available.
The signing comes a little less than a month after left tackle Will Beatty signed a new five-year contract to stay with the Giants. Since the offseason ended, center David Baas restructured his contract to give the team more cap space. Right guard Chris and right tackle David Diehl are also under contract.
The versatile Boothe started all 16 games at left guard last season, and the past 22 games overall. The Cornell product has started games at center and left guard and filled in at right guard and tackle.