- 1 of 7 Photos | View More Photos
Kuchar leads Colonial as weather suspends second round
FORT WORTH, Texas -- Matt Kuchar was 10-under par on the 16th green when the second round of the Colonial was suspended Friday night because of an impending storm system.
There were 18 groups still on the course, three still with eight holes to play, when play was stopped at 6:38 p.m. The second round at Hogan's Alley will be completed Saturday morning.
Kuchar had a one-stroke lead over Graham DeLaet, the Canadian who shot a 67 in a morning round completed before an 2-hour, 10-minute delay just after noon because of lightning.
First-round leader Ryan Palmer was still at 8 under after shooting even par on his 12 holes Friday.
Jordan Spieth, Steve Flesch and Josh Teater finished at 8 under. Flesch had a 64, and Spieth and Teater shot 67.
Garrettsville native Colt Knost shot a 4-over 74 in the second round and stands at 7-over 147 for the tournament.
Defending champ Keselowski tries to build on title
CONCORD, N.C. -- Defending series champion Brad Keselowski believes he's still the fastest in Sprint Cup, even if his results four months into the season don't bear that out.
Keselowski is winless and stands seventh in points heading into the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Sunday night. He opened the season with four straight top-four finishes and seven top 10s in the first eight races.
Recently, he's struggled to stay near the top with a 33rd at Richmond, an 11th at Talladega and a 32nd at Darlington.
The Penske driver says the speed is there. But unlike last year, the execution and luck needed to win isn't in abundance.
Keselowski hopes NASCAR's longest race is the place where things come together for him.
Patrick says racing in another Indy 500 'less and less likely'
CONCORD, N.C. -- NASCAR driver Danica Patrick says she still follows the Indianapolis 500, but she's not sure she'll ever race in the event again.
Patrick, who first earned her popularity in open-wheel racing, says her focus is on the Sprint Cup series and the chances of her running at the Indy 500 become "less and less likely with each passing year."
Patrick has run the Indy 500 seven times. She qualified fourth in 2005, eventually led 29 laps during her open-wheel career and finished third in 2009.
Patrick says she contemplated pulling "double duty" this year, racing in the Indianapolis 500 and the Coca-Coca 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway on the same day, but decided against it.
Menards back at Childress Racing
CONCORD, N.C. -- Menards is sticking with Richard Childress Racing.
RCR announced the home improvement store signed a multi-year partnership renewal to back the No. 27 Sprint Cup series car driven by Paul Menard.
Menards first signed on with RCR in 2011. Childress said it was great to have Menard back as driver and Slugger Labbe return as crew chief so the program could build on the promise it's shown the past few seasons. Menard drove the car to win in the 2011 Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. He's tied for 10th in points standings this season.
Menard said he and all his family were happy to continue their relationship and growth with RCR.
Menard will start 22nd in Sunday night's Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Chicago Bears to retire Mike Ditka's No. 89
CHICAGO -- Hall of Famer Mike Ditka will have his No. 89 retired by the Chicago Bears next season.
The Bears say the number will be retired at halftime of their Monday night game against the Dallas Cowboys at Soldier Field on Dec. 9, a fitting tribute for a player who revolutionized the tight end position with his pass-catching ability and later coached the 1985 team to the Super Bowl championship.